Friday, March 16, 2007

beauty



Well, let me tell you...this really hasn't been the best adjustment for me. When I would walk outside, I would close my eyes and pretend that the traffic noise I heard was really the crashing of the waves, that the wind I felt smelt of salt, that I was not at the Y but walking to the beach; however, I opened my eyes to where I really was. I'm not going to lie that I was a bit disappointed at my surroundings. BUT.... (there is always a 'but')’Suth Afica’ (yes I had to put it in there).

But really, as I was driving down Hwy 100 to go home, I just felt God speaking: “Sam, my beauty that I have created for my glory and for you enjoyment is not just in South Africa, it is all around you!” It was then that I really felt convicted of being sad that I am back, of returning to a place that I felt had not the glory of God in it.


I just encourage ya’ll to really look around and see that God is glorious even in Nashville and that He is doing an AWESOME work here among us! As I read your blogs, I am getting so excited that God is truly moving us to ACTION!! And this is why we went: to be changed and to change not only in South Africa but also here back home.

Here are some pictures that I took of Nashville awhile back. Just look and see that the Lord is and has been truly good even here at home! Believe me: this has been a hard lesson!

No comments: