Wednesday, March 7, 2007

My Theme - Nato

Galeana
by Lori Chaffer

The backdrop of mountains cuts into the sky
They’re there to protect or intrap the ones inside
A quiet village is full of tired brows
Thin strips of farm land fight it out with the farmers

In the night the roosters crow with hunger
The wind brings dust instead of rain brought with thunder

CHORUS
And as I hold your dirty hand all that I can say to you
Is in the awkward smile I make
I can’t explain why I came to this distant land
Your simple smiles refresh my soul and
I can’t help but love you and know
That you have all you need

When I would get lonely and feel like a foreigner
I’d look up to the sky and see it’s just the same but brighter
Two eagles fly free but their patterns are not the same
One is weaker, but it’s spirit soars higher
What one yearns for it never seems to reach
The other has learned to separate its wants from needs

As I look into your face I see hope and not disgrace
And strength that carries you along the rugged road you travel on
And as we go our separate ways you can be sure that I have changed
Because I’ve seen the way you live

No comments: